The business is focused primarily on large, heavy haul rail tasks such as transportation of international freight for energy generating companies, agricultural products, bulk raw materials, limestone, gravel, slabs, iron ore etc.
Client-focused, the Company continues to implement strict quality controls across the functions: from purchasing to customer support, ensuring high level of customer satisfaction.
Railway transportations over Ukraine, Hungary, Poland and CIS countries, cargo transportation to the ports of Azov and Black seas, ports of Latvia
● Cargo transportation by railway transport.
● Customer’s wagon fleet operation.
● Grain cargo forwarding.
● Information support of all the stages of transportation.
● Logistics solutions development.
● Wagons repair.
● Transshipment, intermodal exchange in ports.
24/7 Dispatching centre operations
The unique dispatching centre operates 24/7 analysing in real time information gathered from the wagons located on the territory stretching from Far East to the borders with Western Europe. The centre responds to enquiries instantly processing on average 500 loadings a day, sometimes reaching 800/day. Any changes in train operations are managed and resolved in less than 5 minutes.
It is robust industry expertise that allows OWLN to quickly adapt and respond to market needs, optimising for the most profitable routes.
Diversity of services on wagons repair and maintenance
● Overall repair (OR), roundhouse servicing (RS) and current uncoupling repair (CUR)in wagon depots or car-building plants environment.
● Wagons preparation for loading (TP-1), own resources (reference number of the enterprise «4284» in the data of Railway Information Computer Center)or in wagon depots environment.
● Technical inspection of wagons as per life-time extension with further execution of scheduled repair at the territory of Ukraine.
OWLN transports international freight using the fleet of 6770 units, of which 2161 are Company’s own, including goods wagons, platforms and hoppers.
OWLN employs 167 experienced professionals, and some of the top managers worked for the Ministry of Iron and Steel Industry of Ukraine. Their competence and knowledge has been preserved and built upon in order to run efficient, responsive and client-orientated business.
Innovation activities, related to development of new models of railway rolling stock and modernization of existing ones
Development of new and modernization of existing models of wagons aiming to:
Increase of cargo payload and their technical and economic indexes.
Expansion of nomenclature of transported cargo and wagons functionality and multi-purposeness.
Cargo operations time reduction over wagons loading and unloading.
Technological effectiveness of cargo operations and load fastening, staff’s safety level increase over loading-unloading operations.